2GB + 1GB Internet60GB + 60GB Internet25GIG + 25GIG Promo wifi
2GB anytime data
1GB Night Surfer
11PM - 5AM
1. What is the pre-paid 2GB + 1GB internet?
This is a once-off promotional bundle consisting of 2GB anytime data and an additional 1GB Night Surfer bundle for use at night (between 11pm and 5am).
2. How long is the bundle valid for?
The 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid bundle will expire at the end of the next calendar month from the date of activation.
3. Can I use my Night Surfer during peak times?
No. The Night surfer bundle can only be used between 11pm and 5am only.
4. Will I need to sign a contract to have access to this offer?
No. This will be a once-off / ad-hoc purchase that will give subscribers the freedom to purchase economically priced pre-paid data bundles as and when needed – no contracts or large upfront payments will be required.
5. What is the difference between All Networks and Telkom Mobile Net? All networks – All networks internet bundles is available on Telkom Mobile’s network and MTN roaming Telkom Mobile – Telkom Mobile internet bundle is available only on Telkom Mobile’s network. Subscribers will be required to check for coverage at www.telkommobile.co.za/coverage/
6. What is the differentiator for this offer and why should I purchase it?
This is a Pre-paid bundle with no contract or large upfront payments required. The Pre-paid offer also provides contract subscribers who run out of their recurring bundles within the month with the opportunity to purchase an affordable ad-hoc bundle for the remainder of the month. Internet bundles that are available on Telkom Mobile’s network only are offered at aggressively lower price offer the subscriber more value for money.
7. Will existing pre-paid subscribers have access to the pre-paid Once-Off Internet 2GB promo bundle?
Existing Pre-paid subscribers with Pre-paid per minute, Pre-paid per second and 8ta more SIM cards will have access to purchase the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle from the 20th March 2013. The 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid bundle is only available on Telkom Mobile network.
8. How do I know if Telkom Mobile’s coverage is available in my designated area?
Before purchasing any of the data products, a coverage check has to be done via the following link: http://www.telkommobile.co.za/coverage/ or SMS your address to 43482 e.g. SMS ‘61 Oak Avenue, Centurion’ to 43482
9. How do I access the 2GB + 1GB internet?
Since this offer is coverage dependent, the store agent will first have to verify that the subscriber falls within Telkom Mobile’s coverage area. In line with regulations for purchasing any Pre-paid service, subscribers will then need to complete the RICA process at the outlet. After the RICA process is completed, a subscriber will be required to load airtime onto their SIM cards and then purchase the 2GB + 1GB Internet at R149 via USSD by dialing *180# and following the bundle purchase prompts as outlined below:
- Dial *180#
- From the Telkom Mobile Account Menu, select Bundle Purchases
- From the Select Bundles menu, select the Data Bundle option
- Select the 2GB + 1GB R 149 option
- Confirm your request
10. Will the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid bundle work on LTE?
Yes, LTE is enabled in all prepaid data plans and subscribers can enjoy the LTE service dependent on LTE coverage availability and the use of an LTE capable device. Visit http://www.telkommobile.co.za/coverage/lte/ to check for LTE coverage.
12. How long will this promotion offer be valid for?
This promotional bundle will be available for a limited period only.
13. Can I opt to have the bundle without the 1 GB Night Surfer at a reduced rate?
No. The 1GB Night Surfer cannot be purchased as a stand-alone bundle.
14. Is there a limit to the number of times I can purchase the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle in one month?
No. You may purchase this bundle as many times as you wish in one month.
15. Will I be able to make voice calls as well?
Yes. Voice will be enabled on the pre-paid PSB data promo rate plan; however, subscribers will be limited to Telkom Mobile’s network. There will be no MTN roaming on voice.
16. What will happen after the expiry of the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle Promo?
The 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle Promo will run for a limited period only. Upon expiry of the promotion, users will be migrated to the normal pre-paid per second billing rate plan.
17. How much does the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle costs?
The 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle costs R149, once-off.
18. Will I be charged the same rate for out-of-bundle rates, when I’ve used all my In-bundle Data?
No, all out-of-bundle data bundles are charged at a rate of R1.00 per MB.
19. Does the 2GB + 1GB Internet Prepaid Bundle include a device?
No. The bundle does not include a device. Customers have the freedom to utilize their existing compatible modems or buy a compatible modem that suits their needs.
1. Telkom Mobile’s Standard terms and conditions apply (full details on www.telkommobile.co.za).
2. RICA shall apply.
- “All Networks” shall mean an All Networks internet bundle that is available on Telkom Mobile network and MTN roaming
- “Telkom Mobile” shall mean Telkom Mobile internet bundle that is available only on Telkom Mobile network. Subscribers will be required to check for coverage at www.telkommobile.com/coverage/.
4. This promotional offer is available for a limited period only.
5. The SIM card needs to be recharged with enough Airtime Credit, greater or equal to R149 to be able to purchase the 2GB + 1GB Internet Bundle.
6. To purchase the 2GB + 1GB Internet Bundle, dial *180# from your handset or from the USSD facility on your Telkom Mobile Connect dashboard and follow the bundle purchase menu prompts to finalise your purchase or log onto the Telkom Mobile Self Service Portal to purchase the bundle.
7. The 2GB + 1GB Internet Bundle expires at the end of the next calendar month from date of activation.
8. The 1GB Night Surfer Data Bundle can only be used to access internet between 11pm and 5am.
9. No modems will be bundled with this offer and customers will have the freedom to use existing modems or buy a modem that suits their needs. Data modems will be available in store. The device speed has an impact on the network speed experienced by the subscriber.
10. There is no limit to the number of 2GB + 1GB Internet Bundle that a subscriber can purchase in a month.
11. Subscription to Telkom Mobile services is subject to Telkom Mobile 3G network coverage and network availability.
12. The service is a best-effort service and no guarantees are provided on availability or throughput.
13. This offer will only be offered on Telkom Mobile 3G network and the subscriber will not be able to roam on the MTN’s network. To check where you can use the 2GB + 1GB internet please click on this link: http://www.telkommobile.co.za/coverage/ or SMS your address to 43482 e.g. SMS ’61 Oak Avenue, Centurion’ to 43482
14. LTE shall be enabled by default and subscribers can enjoy the LTE service dependant on the LTE coverage. Visit http://www.telkommobile.co.za/coverage/lte/ to check LTE coverage.
15. Telkom Mobile shall not be held responsible for failure to access internet at locations where Telkom Mobile does not have coverage and the service experience may change from time to time.
16. Telkom Mobile shall endeavour to ascertain that 3G coverage is always available where Telkom Mobile claims to have 3G coverage.
17. A compatible device is required to use Telkom Mobile services. The maximum speed that can be experienced by the customer is dependent on the speed specification of the device.
18. The out of bundle rate is R1.00 per megabyte will apply.
19. 2GB + 1GB Internet bundle subscribers will have access to Telkom Mobile Wi-Fi service based upon their current rate plan and the applicable product specific Wi-Fi eligibility rules.
20. Telkom Mobile is not liable for any loss or damage to your property or equipment arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance and use of the service.
21. Telkom Mobile will not incur any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage as a result of any use, authorised or unauthorised, resulting from virus attacks, security vulnerabilities, and loss of information.
22. Telkom Mobile services support soft-cell handover.
23. All prices include VAT.
24. SMS is enabled for normal usage, notification and balance enquiry.
25. Standard once-off internet bundles will expire at the end of the next calendar month from the date of activation.
26. The service application process will only commence on the presentation of necessary supportive documentation.
27. Prices are valid at date of print. E&OE.